The programs are delivered as executable files (.exe) in a compressed file (.zip)
1. Please extract the Zip-file in a separate folder.
2. Doubleclick on the file setup.exe.
The program is automatically installed. During installation you can select some user-defined settings.
3. First select the language that should be displayed during the installation.
The selected language also will be displayed as interface language of termXact.
4. Click on the button OK.
5. In the further installation process select the destination location where termXact is to be installed.
6. Klick on the button Next.
7. In the following dialog window you can verify the settings of the destination location.
8. Klick on the button Install.
In the installation-window which appears at the end you can integrate a user-specific file (parameter.ini) into the installation process which overwrites the default path specifications (default is normally set for company-wide installation in the distribution package). This file can contain the following information:
– Path name for the termXact-configuration file initially to be loaded (see also configuration manual, page 9, chapter 1.4).
– Important: If you have already installed an older version of termXact (before termXact 2017c), the last set path to the configuration file will not be overwritten.
– Path name for the help file or internet address that is to be loaded when using the termXact-help function (see also user manual, page 6, section Help).
9a) Leave the check box Set custom parameters enabled, if the interface language, path names for the configuration file and/or the help file is individually to be set before termination of installation.
Before clicking the button Finish please ensure (concerning path names) that the user-specific file (parameter.ini) exists as described in the next chapter (1.1.1).
9b) Disable the check box Set custom parameters, in case of using default installation settings and click on the button Finish.
1.1.1 Create and implement a user-specific file (parameter.ini)
This procedure is useful if you want to specify default paths for the help file and/or configuration file during installation.
1. Open an editor that is able to save in UTF-8 coded format (e. g. MS-Word).
2. Edit the individual paths for the help file and/or for the configuration file e. g.:
3. Save the file in UTF-8 format (in MS-Word: File save as => Tools => Web options) in the folder, where the file setup.exe exists. The file must have the file name parameter.ini.
Note: The specified configuration file and the path to the help file are not loaded until you click the Load Default button in the termXact configuration menu.
After the installation process has been successfully completed, termXact is located under control panel => programs => programs and features. You can also uninstall the program from this location.
Furthermore the AddIn is listed as COM-AddIn in the respective MS-Office program (File => Options => AddIns).
termXact is now integrated and can be used. It appears as a new item in the menu bar after starting the MS-Office program.
Note: When installing termXact into a network the AddIn will be uploaded from its storage location to the server. If the server is shut down the AddIn is not available any longer.