Before you start working with termXact to check the terminology of text, a configuration file has to be stored by the termXact-administrator, if you use Excel as your terminology data source and not a terminology database.
As termXact-administrator you will have several possibilities:
- You can use a termXact default configuration that is scope of delivery. The default configuration file can be rolled out at the same time with termXact-AdddIn by the IT management (please contact TermSolutions in this case).
- You can prepare different configurations for user groups (e. g. version englisch and version german based on the default configuration) which can be loaded by the users.
- You can propose a central configuration that can be individually adapted and saved by users.
termXact always uses the last loaded configuration when starting the editor.
Word and Flare:
If you wish to perform your check directly against a terminology database, we will provide you with the connection data when termXact is delivered, if you use termXplorer as your database and it is hosted by TermSolutions. For other databases and internally hosted solutions, we can set up the service for you individually.
Please contact email@example.com for this purpose.
For the configuration of termXact proceed as follows:
- Start the editor.
- In the menu bar click on termXact.
- Click on the symbol or on the submenu item Configuration.
The configuration window contains the tabs Colors and Verification Mode, Terminology File and File Location.
The following buttons (listet under item 1.1) have the same functions in each tab.